New York/ London – AETN International announced two new appointments to its executive team and the expansion of the International Digital Media department. The new hires follow 18 months of growth during which AETN International launched 14 channels outside the US, as well as several digital media services. Christian Murphy has been named vice president, international. Based in New York, Murphy is responsible for managing international brand marketing strategy for AETN. He manages consumer and B2B marketing activities across 35 channels in 141 countries, on-air and creative execution, research, and support for AETN’s international channel and digital distribution efforts. He reports to Sean Cohan, senior vice president, international for AETN. Prior to joining AETN, Murphy was general manager, television & marketing at FOXTEL Management Pty Ltd. During his eight year tenure, he held senior executive positions across several business functions. Murphy also managed The History Channel and The Biography Channel in Australia and New Zealand, and led the team that launched Crime & Investigation Network in Australia. “Murphy is a strong media executive whose expertise, channel and distribution experience and intimate knowledge of our channel brands will prove invaluable to AETN’s international businesses,” said Cohan. Will Harrison has been appointed vice president, international business development & branded distribution. Based in London, he is responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing new international business opportunities. Harrison will also serve as a strategic advisor to AETN’s local general managers and regional managing directors. In addition, he oversees distribution strategy for AETN channel brands in EMEA, Asia and Latin America. He reports to Cohan. Harrison joins AETN from The Walt Disney Company where he served as vice president, ventures & business development. He also sat on the boards of FilmFlex, where he served as chairman, Super RTL, GMTV and HBO Central Europe. He was cofounder of FilmFlex, the largest video on demand movie service outside North America. In addition to the new appointments, Cohan announced a change to the international digital media department. Fabienne Fourquet, director, international digital media, will now have oversight of international digital media distribution and international B2B and branded consumer website activities. Since her appointment as director, international digital media, Fourquet has executed a number of partnership agreements across mobile, broadband and VOD platforms in Europe, Asia and Canada. Over 75 distinct branded digital services have launched in the past two years with companies including MSN, Vodafone, BT, and Korea Telecom. She also developed and launched AETN’s first mobile WAP site for The History Channel in the UK. Fourquet previously designed AETN International’s B2B websites, and has supervised the roll out of consumer websites for AETN’s international channel partners.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020