Paris – New cross-platform content show Amazia, slated for its debut in Hong Kong, November 17-20, 2008, has been shelved by its Paris-based organizers Reed MIDEM. While there had been talk in the market that the show would be cancelled if certain exhibitor and sponsorship targets were not met, optimism seemed high early April 2008 at MIPTV in Cannes. Over 50 companies had confirmed, of around 200 companies that had committed, to exhibit at the event. Keynote speakers for the Amazia entertainment summit included MGM Chairman & CEO, Harry E. Sloan and CEO Reliance Entertainment Amit Khanna. Hence it was generally believed that Amazia had met those targets and deadlines necessary to secure its survival. But, according to Reed Midem Chief Executive Paul Zilk, while reaction to the concept had been very positive, “many television companies …. have expressed reluctance about attending Amazia and other television events taking place in Asia during the same time of year. It is likely that the presence of television content buyers and sellers would be diluted at Amazia. In this context, and given our commitment to providing a premium quality experience, we cannot risk disappointing our clients.” Indeed many exhibitors had told Television Asia Plus that they were confused at Reed MIDEM’s decision to hold Amazia so soon after MIPCOM, just before the CASBAA Conference, and in apparent competition with Reed Exhibitions’ Singapore-based Asia TV Forum, happening 9-12 December 2008. And many were unhappy with the financial and time expense of exhibiting at both Amazia and ATF, or having to choose between the two shows.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 43 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020