Sydney – Nine Network has bought out shares to children’s TV property Hi-5 from Kids Like Us, producers of the series, and have formed a joint venture with production firm Southern Star to develop the property. In the partnership, Southern Star will produce the TV series and market the property internationally. To date 435 half hour episodes have been produced, 25 DVD, 80 books and 11 CDs have been released Down Under. Internationally, Hi-5 airs in 118 countries and is available to more than five million viewers in Asia, UK, US and Latin America. The Hi-5 TV show currently features on Nick Jr and the tenth Hi-5 TV series is expected to launch on Nine on July 7, 2008. In Australia, Hi-5 is a three-time Logie Award winner for most outstanding children’s series, its music album took five ARIAS kudos for best children’s album, and its live show won the Helpmann award for best children’s presentation. Over 2million tickets have been sold worldwide to Hi-5 concerts and there are four casts in live shows touring Latin America with licensing agents and DVD distributors set up in Argentina, Mexico and Brazil. The Hi-5 Party Street live show will tour Queensland and New South Wales in Australia through April 2008, following the launch of the Hi-5 Party Street DVD installment on April 2.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,073 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020