Hong Kong – Localized versions of Sony Pictures Television International’s (SPTI) reality series Ripley’s Believe it or Not! debuted in Singapore on MediaCorp’s Channel 5 and in Indonesia on TV One (known previously as Lativi). The format has also been sold to GMA Network in the Philippines, as reported in the March issue of the Television Asia Plus print magazine. Ripley’s Believe it or Not! TV series, presented by Dean Cain in the original series, features fantastical and bizarre spectacles, and is part of an international entertainment franchise that includes cartoons, books, posters, games and mobile content. The localized versions of the TV show are presented in local languages by local hosts. The MediaCorp version airing on Channel 5 at 8.30 to 9pm is hosted by Allan Wu in English language. Broadcasting from 7 – 8pm, the Indonesian series, produced by Redcandle Asia for TV One, is presented by movie and TV actor Ari Wibowo in Bahasa Indonesia. The production date for the Filipino version has not been set as yet.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’