Tokyo – NBC Universal has named Shigeo Yushita as Channel Director, Japan, Global Networks Asia, effective immediately. Based in Tokyo, Yushita will launch and expand NBCU’s pay TV platforms in Japan and develop strategies for upcoming cable and satellite TV launches, as well as sales and marketing activities for the new channels. He reports to Raymund Miranda, Managing Director, Global Networks Asia, and Taichi Fukuda, Managing Director Japan, NBC Universal International. The appointment follows NBCU’s agreement to acquire Jupiter Telecommunications’ subsidiary JSBC2 on the SkyperfecTV platform, from which NBCU Global Networks will launch the Sci Fi Channel in Spring 2008. This will be NBCU’s first channel to launch in Japan, a priority growth market for the company. Shigeo Yushita was General Manager, Programming for Discovery Japan, where he was responsible for the strategy and implementation of all programming for the channel. He built a new programming grid for Discovery, Animal Planet and Discovery HD channels in Japan and secured new sponsorship for the programming.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’