Tokyo – Jupiter Telecommunications has established Channel Ginga Co., Ltd. to operate new cable channel Channel Ginga, which debuts nationwide in April 2008 on e2 by SKY PerfecTV!. Ginga Channel is a 24-hour HD entertainment channel screening foreign and Japanese documentaries, travel shows, history and art, dramas, period plays and entertainment targeting the baby-boomer generation. Kikujiro Shikano, President and Representative Director of Channel Ginga, said, “We realize that approximately seven million post-war baby boomers are about to retire, which will increase levels of television viewing, and as (yet), there are very few channels that cater to this audience.” One third of Channel Ginga’s airtime will feature programming from the NHK archives, which includes documentaries, period plays, and entertainment shows. The remainer will comprise syndicated programming from Japanese commercial television networks, BBC, and three as yet unnamed US networks. The channel has also planned original programming including narrated shows and independent lifestyle productions aimed at mature viewers.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020