Cannes – Considering Voom HD Networks’ 24/7 linear channel Voom HD only began its roll out internationally last year, it’s on a fast track. The channel currently reaches 10 million homes outside the US, in 18 countries. A contract, details under wraps, has been signed to extend the channel to a further 15 countries, adding 5 million homes. And the game plan for 2008 is to boost the footprint to 50 countries and to start rolling out more international versions of some of its 15 digital channels in the US, according to Voom HD Networks’ General Manager Greg Moyer. The exec indicated that documentary channel Equator HD, lifestyle/sports channel Rush HD, and fashion/beauty service Ultra HD would be among the first to be cloned. “We see the Asia Pacific as a very important market,” he tells Television Asia. “Next year we think HD will move beyond the early adopters and it will be embraced by some of the major platforms. And the Beijing Olympics will be an HD programming catalyst.” Moreover, this year Voom HD Networks has commissioned 55 series encompassing a total of 65 countries. “We are globally curious,” Moyer says.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 42 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020