Put simply, 2007 has been a bumper year for Singapore-made content. “For example, at MIPTV 2007, Singapore companies signed co-production deals amounting to about US$128 million, and presented a slate of over 50 High-Definition (HD) TV programmes,” says Seto Lok Yin, Assistant Chief Executive Officer (Industry), The Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) Other highlights for Singapore at MIPTV were the all- Asian collaboration between Singapore’s Upside Down Entertainment with Korea’s Dreamville Entertainment and India’s Clapstem Productions on Asian Crisis Centre, a US$5 million adventure drama series – and a partnership between Singapore’s BIG Communications, Australia’s Flying Bark Productions and Canada’s Thunderbird Films (Canada) for Zigby, about a zebra who trots into trouble. Costing US$6.5 million, the 3-D animated series will be distributed internationally by EM.Entertainment GmbH and broadcast on ABCNetwork in Australia and Treehouse TV in Canada in 2008.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’