Sydney- Foxtel Executive Director of Television & Marketing Brian Walsh will lead a four-strong team of Foxtel execs at MIPCOM 2007, scouting for product for the platform’s owned-and-operated channels plus the latest addition to the fold, Arena. Foxtel takes management control of Arena, a female-skewed entertainment channel, on Oct. 1, in a deal with its owner XYZ Entertainment, a joint venture between Foxtel and regional satcaster Austar. “Our objective is to refine Arena and focus on its core female 25 – 39 year-old demo,” Walsh tells Television Asia. “Housing the channel amongst our other entertainment channels will enable us to move product to best suit each channel and each demo.” Arena has been overly reliant on programming from Warner Bros. Walsh will take an active role in restructuring Arena, while day-to-day management will rest with Duane Hatherly, who assumes the title of Group Channel Manager, FOX 8, Arena and Bio. Stephen Baldwin becomes Group Program Manager of those channels as well as Program Operations Manager for the O & O group.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’