Singapore- Discovery Networks Asia (DNA) has promoted James Gibbons to General Manager, Discovery and Animal Planet Japan, effective July 16. Gibbons will be based in Tokyo and will report directly to the board of directors for Discovery and Animal Planet Japan. Gibbons will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of Discovery’s business initiatives and future development in the Japanese market, as well as general operations of the Tokyo office. He will also ensure the growth and viability of Discovery and joint venture partner, Jupiter Programming Communications, and maximize affiliate and advertising sales revenue to meet annual operational targets set for Japan. Discovery Japan was established on August 12, 1997, as a joint venture between Discovery Networks Asia and Jupiter TV Co., Ltd. Discovery Channel reaches 5.8 million households in Japan and is distributed through cable TV and Sky PerfecTV!.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’