London- Sparrowhawk Media has begun pitching the children’s channel KidsCo to cable operators in Asia, and service could make its debut in the region in late 2007. A co-venture between Sparrowhawk, DIC Entertainment and Corus Entertainment Inc.’s Nelvana Enterprises, the new channel will offer animation and live action series and movies, localized market-by-market and programmed by day-parts to target segmented audiences. KidsCo will draw on DIC’s library of more than 3,000 half-hours, including Inspector Gadget, Strawberry Shortcake, Madeline, Dennis the Menace, and Care Bears; and a similar volume from Nelvana, including Babar, Franklin, The Adventures of Tintin and Rolie Polie Olie. It will acquire programming from other suppliers, produce original properties and feature prime-time family movies. The first launches will be in Central and Eastern Europe this autumn, followed by roll-outs throughout 2008 and 2009 in approximately 40 territories across Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
Ad – Before Content
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’
- iQiyi Hallyu Season sees the release of major K-drama series and films
- Australians in Film announce Chris Hemsworth, Jacki Weaver and more to judge the Heath Ledger Scholarship
- ABS-CBN Superview streams classic Filipino movies, series for free worldwide on YouTube
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’