Beijing – The number of digital cable TV subscribers in China jumped to 12.66 million last year, up 200% from 2005's 4.13 million, according to the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. SARFT also announced the release of the first mobile TV chip manufactured completely in China, Interfax reported. The chip uses China's Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB) industrial standard. In other news in China, Beijing police detained as many as 19 second-hand mobile phone retailers for selling handsets containing pornographic content since a new law came into effect at the start of March, said Interfax, quoting state media.
Ad – Before Content
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’
- iQiyi Hallyu Season sees the release of major K-drama series and films
- Australians in Film announce Chris Hemsworth, Jacki Weaver and more to judge the Heath Ledger Scholarship
- ABS-CBN Superview streams classic Filipino movies, series for free worldwide on YouTube
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’