Laureen Ong succeeds Steve Askew as STAR’s Chief Operating Officer
Hong Kong – Laureen Ong will join STAR as its Chief Operating Officer in June 2007 to replace Steve Askew who has resigned for personal reasons. Ong reports to Paul Aiello, Chief Executive Officer of STAR and will support STAR’s expansion of its content portfolio across all platforms in its key Asian markets.
Prior to joining STAR, Ong was founding President of Fox International’s National Geographic Channel network. She launched NGC in 2001 which went on to be among the fastest growing networks in the US.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 86 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 78 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020