DA, Fortune Star Entertainment (HK) Limited, video and movie distributor, Innoform Media and Singapore production company, Boku Films entered into an agreement to co-produce full length Mandarin action thriller film 'Rule Number One'. Written and directed by Kelvin Tong, film is targeted to start production in mid 2007. Under the agreement, MDA and Fortune Star will co-fund with Innoform Media and Boku Films. Fortune Star will distribute the film worldwide, working closely with Innoform to distribute the film in Singapore and Malaysia.
RGM Holdings and MDA established a Loan Guarantee Facility (LGF) to partially finance at least six international films, costing a total of US$50 million, over the next two years. Parties involved include Citigroup Corporate and Investment Banking, Standard Chartered Bank, ICB Entertainment Finance, a division of Imperial Capital Bank, and private investors. The first two international films to be partly financed by the LGF are “The Girl in the Park” featuring Kate Bosworth, Sigourney Weaver and Keri Russell, and “Pushing up Daisies” starring Rose Byrne and Jay Baruchel. Singapore's Oak3 Films and Infinite Frameworks are participating in the production of “The Girl in the Park” and “Pushing up Daisies” respectively – the first North American film production for both companies.
And MDA and the Korean Broadcasting Institute (KBI) will be co-financing three High-Definition TV (HDTV) co production projects for international distribution in the third quarter of 2007. These are Text in the City produced by Sitting in Pictures Pte Ltd (Singapore) & Digital Plus Co. Ltd (Korea); Asian Youths produced by Upside Down Concepts Pte Ltd (Singapore) & Media Special Co. Ltd (Korea); and FestivAsia – Moon Dance produced by Big Communications Pte Ltd (Singapore) & Creo Contents Co Ltd (Korea).
FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME) signed an exclusive international deal with celebrity chef, Kylie Kwong, in partnership with Sitting In Pictures and MDA for a 9 x 30 minute series Kylie Kwong: My China (working title). The deal grants FME worldwide television, DVD and ancillary rights (excluding Singapore).
Slew of new deals for Singapore’s Media
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 176 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- Media Prima Berhad experiences rapid digital audience growth using Grabyo 100 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner 72 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- TechStorm to launch inaugural Asian original content time belt in June 42 views | posted on May 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020