DA, Fortune Star Entertainment (HK) Limited, video and movie distributor, Innoform Media and Singapore production company, Boku Films entered into an agreement to co-produce full length Mandarin action thriller film 'Rule Number One'. Written and directed by Kelvin Tong, film is targeted to start production in mid 2007. Under the agreement, MDA and Fortune Star will co-fund with Innoform Media and Boku Films. Fortune Star will distribute the film worldwide, working closely with Innoform to distribute the film in Singapore and Malaysia.
RGM Holdings and MDA established a Loan Guarantee Facility (LGF) to partially finance at least six international films, costing a total of US$50 million, over the next two years. Parties involved include Citigroup Corporate and Investment Banking, Standard Chartered Bank, ICB Entertainment Finance, a division of Imperial Capital Bank, and private investors. The first two international films to be partly financed by the LGF are “The Girl in the Park” featuring Kate Bosworth, Sigourney Weaver and Keri Russell, and “Pushing up Daisies” starring Rose Byrne and Jay Baruchel. Singapore's Oak3 Films and Infinite Frameworks are participating in the production of “The Girl in the Park” and “Pushing up Daisies” respectively – the first North American film production for both companies.
And MDA and the Korean Broadcasting Institute (KBI) will be co-financing three High-Definition TV (HDTV) co production projects for international distribution in the third quarter of 2007. These are Text in the City produced by Sitting in Pictures Pte Ltd (Singapore) & Digital Plus Co. Ltd (Korea); Asian Youths produced by Upside Down Concepts Pte Ltd (Singapore) & Media Special Co. Ltd (Korea); and FestivAsia – Moon Dance produced by Big Communications Pte Ltd (Singapore) & Creo Contents Co Ltd (Korea).
FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME) signed an exclusive international deal with celebrity chef, Kylie Kwong, in partnership with Sitting In Pictures and MDA for a 9 x 30 minute series Kylie Kwong: My China (working title). The deal grants FME worldwide television, DVD and ancillary rights (excluding Singapore).
Slew of new deals for Singapore’s Media
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 99 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 77 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 61 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 49 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020