UEFA has granted broadcast rights for the EURO 2008 European Football Championships in a number of territories outside Europe via unprecedenteddirect negotiations with broadcasters. ESPN was granted rights for North America and the Pay TV rights in South America, with coverage on its network including two games on ABC; ESPN Star got rights for the Indian sub-continent, including sub-licensing to terrestrials; Al Jazeera was granted rights for the Middle East and North Africa; while PCCW was selected in HongKong, with NOW TV, distributing via an IPTV network and mobile services. SportFive will represent media rights to the tournament in the remaining markets outside Europe, extending from its existing agreement with UEFA for European territories.
EURO 2008 Media Rights outside Europe sold
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 184 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020