Hong Kong – Paul Aiello succeeds Michelle Guthrie as Chief Executive Officer of STAR, effective March 1 2007. Although announced as a resignation "for personal reasons", sources say Guthrie was forced to quit due to emerging problems in India – traditionally STAR's most successful market and, at its peak, source of up to 80 percent of revenues. COO Steve Askew, injured in an accident last year, is officially on medical leave but believed to be leaving the company and other staff departures are expected.
With the competition gaining ground on STAR's channels in India, sources say the company has failed to compensate in other supposed growth markets like Indonesia and China. "I think you have to look at the macro environment first – given the complexity of the regulatory environment, competition in the market, we are happy with what we can achieve," says a STAR spokesperson.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 99 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 61 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 49 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020