Singapore – The 2006 Asia Television Forum (ATF), Asia Film Market & Conference (AFMC) and Asia Animation Conference (AAN) closed with US$47.1 million worth of deals concluded, exceeding the $33 million mark in 2005 by about 42%. The market grew by 25%, with participation from a recordtotal of 49 countries.
The market drew 121 Asian sellers, a 44% increase from 2005. Singapore fielded 25 companies, a 20% increase over last year; and for the first time all four of South Korea’s major broadcasters participated. US$250million in film funding was up for negotiation at the Media Financing Forum, with 34 short-listed from a total of 38 projects – a 40% increase in submissions on last year. The ATF and Asia Animation SuperPitches received 11 entries with Australia’s Little Production House and Thailand’s Anya Animation winning the ATF SuperPitch and Asia Animation SuperPitch respectively.
2006 Asia Television Forum closes on record high
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 8,901 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 59 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Indonesia’s pride, Viu Shorts! is back with 16 short films by Indonesian students 49 views | posted on July 28, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 48 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020