Singapore – The 2006 Asia Television Forum (ATF), Asia Film Market & Conference (AFMC) and Asia Animation Conference (AAN) closed with US$47.1 million worth of deals concluded, exceeding the $33 million mark in 2005 by about 42%. The market grew by 25%, with participation from a recordtotal of 49 countries.
The market drew 121 Asian sellers, a 44% increase from 2005. Singapore fielded 25 companies, a 20% increase over last year; and for the first time all four of South Korea’s major broadcasters participated. US$250million in film funding was up for negotiation at the Media Financing Forum, with 34 short-listed from a total of 38 projects – a 40% increase in submissions on last year. The ATF and Asia Animation SuperPitches received 11 entries with Australia’s Little Production House and Thailand’s Anya Animation winning the ATF SuperPitch and Asia Animation SuperPitch respectively.
2006 Asia Television Forum closes on record high
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 54 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 50 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020