Singapore – The 2006 Asia Television Forum (ATF), Asia Film Market & Conference (AFMC) and Asia Animation Conference (AAN) closed with US$47.1 million worth of deals concluded, exceeding the $33 million mark in 2005 by about 42%. The market grew by 25%, with participation from a recordtotal of 49 countries.
The market drew 121 Asian sellers, a 44% increase from 2005. Singapore fielded 25 companies, a 20% increase over last year; and for the first time all four of South Korea’s major broadcasters participated. US$250million in film funding was up for negotiation at the Media Financing Forum, with 34 short-listed from a total of 38 projects – a 40% increase in submissions on last year. The ATF and Asia Animation SuperPitches received 11 entries with Australia’s Little Production House and Thailand’s Anya Animation winning the ATF SuperPitch and Asia Animation SuperPitch respectively.
2006 Asia Television Forum closes on record high
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020