iQiyi’s first prison-themed Chinese language original series ‘Danger Zone’ set for global premiere on 3 September
iQiyi announced its first prison-themed Chinese language series Danger Zone to premiere on September 3 across 191 countries and regions worldwide, building on the success of The Bad Kids last year. Broadcast last June, The Bad Kids has attracted attention from The Guardian, The Economist, and South China Morning Post, with 91% of positive reviews on Douban website in China. This quality mystery short series has proven to be appealing to viewers globally.
This year, iQiyi launched the first original Chinese language prison series Danger Zone. The highly anticipated series features a starry and award-winning cast including Vic Chou who will play three characters as attorney, prisoner, and psychological profiling expert; Christopher Lee who plays a committed police officer. Berant Zhu, who was nominated as Best New Talent at 2020 Taipei Film Awards, will play a rookie criminal investigator.
The character posters and teaser trailer revealed a mysterious and dark vibe ahead. Prisoner Liang Yandong (played by Vic Chou) is a crisis-surrounded attorney under custody for his potential involvement in unconventional cases. He is not only suspected to be a serial disembodiment killer, but also physically abused in a prison cell under death threats. The heightened tension leaves viewers with more questions and curiosity. For authenticity in action scenes, Vic Chou participates in every cut without doubles. Everyone in the cast admires his devotion to the role.
More cast members include Sandrine Pinna (Taipei Film Awards Best Leading Actress for Touch of the Light), Wu Hsing-kuo (nominated for Golden Horse Awards and Hong Kong Film Award), and Tseng Jing-Hua (Your Name Engraved Herein). Directed by David Chuang and Chen Kuan-chung (The Tag-Along film franchise and The Victims’ Game TV series).
Danger Zone will premiere on September 3rd exclusively on iQiyi across 191 countries and regions worldwide. New episodes will be updated on Fridays at iQiyi international app and iQ.com.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021