Colors Tamil launches new fiction show ‘Abhi Tailor’
Tamil Nadu’s youngest GEC, Colors Tamil, announced the launch of its much-anticipated fiction show, Abhi Tailor. Set amidst a semi-urban backdrop, Abhi Tailor through its compelling narrative is set to bring to life the stories and struggles of small-time women entrepreneurs. Starting from 19th July, 2021, Monday, this brand new fiction show will air every Monday to Saturday at 10:00 PM only on Colors Tamil.
Abhi Tailor follows the story of a young, vibrant Abirami (played by Reshma Muralidharan), a small-town tailor. Responsible for an alcoholic father Sundaramoorthy (essayed by popular actor/ comedian Badava Gopi) and sibling Anandhi (played by Actor Jayashri), Abhi’s life is devoted towards building her small shop. Life takes an unexpected turn as a corporate honcho, Ashok (played by Madhan Pandian) sets foot into the town with a factory and soon comes head to head in battle with Abhi. The story is set to further discover a trail of drama and love between Abhi and Ashok.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Anup Chandrasekharan, Business Head – Colors Tamil, said “Our fiction shows have paved way for changing trends in the way women protagonist are showcased and we have always brought to life real, hard-hitting stories with a gripping storyline. In line with our promise, today we add yet another striking fiction show that is set to break barriers and set new benchmarks. We are confident that Abhi will become an instant household name and the show will be well received by Tamil speaking audience across the globe.”
Adding to this, Director Basheer, said, “Abhi Tailor is a project close to my heart and I am happy to be presenting this in association with a leading channel like Colors Tamil. The channel, since its entry, has changed the narration of women-centric stories by offering a refreshing, realistic perspective. I am excited for the viewers to join the journey of Abhi, a young woman who is set to take on the corporate giant with girt and courage. I am confident that Abhi and her story will inspire many young women entrepreneurs and they will certainly develop a sense of sisterhood with the character.”
Don’t forget to tune in to Colors Tamil starting July 19, 2021, Monday to Saturday at 10 PM to watch Abhi Tailor. Colors Tamil is available on all leading cable networks and DTH platforms – Sun Direct (CH NO 128), Tata Sky (CHN NO 1515), Airtel (CHN NO 763), Dish TV (CHN NO 1808) and Videocon D2H (CHN NO 553).
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 54 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021