BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’
In the wake of a pandemic-changed world, BBC World News is updating the programme with a fresh, modern look and feel, providing global and local audiences with an unbiased look at the latest breaking news stories and analysis around the world.
The pandemic has highlighted the importance of accurate and impartial news. As audiences are turning more and more to news channels they can trust, Newsday will give them exactly that, whether it is the end or the beginning of their day. In its first hour, the programme will have a global outlook while also providing UK audiences with a roundup of the major events of the day. The focus on international news continues in the next two hours, including coverage of Asia for our regional and global audiences. Newsday will showcase the best of our reporting from correspondents in Asia around the world.
Karishma Vaswani has been at the BBC for 18 years, for the last 5 years as Asia Business Correspondent and will be bringing with her a wealth of experience and knowledge in upholding the unique, objective editorial standards of the BBC. Karishma will be responsible for daily live presentation of the Asia hours of Newsday and Asia Business Report on BBC World News. Along with the live presentation she also plays an active senior editorial role, under the guidance of Singapore bureau chief Maura Fogarty and in collaboration with teams in London and Singapore.
Karishma Vaswani says: “For the last two decades I have reported for the BBC from all over Asia. The last year has really shown us all how important the BBC’s journalism is to the world. With unprecedented global events such as Covid 19 we can see audiences turning towards not only news that they trust but journalists who will report the news with a global analytic perspective, objectively and without opinion. This is something I have always strived to do and I am really looking forward to the opportunity to do it as lead presenter on this brand new Newsday.”
Newsday will be broadcast globally out of the Singapore bureau at 6:00 a.m. – 6.30 a.m., HK/Singapore 7:00 a.m. – 7.30 a.m, HK/Singapore and 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. HK/Singapore Monday to Friday.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 53 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021