ABC Commercial and The Wiggles celebrate a 30-year distribution partnership
ABC Commercial announced it has finalised an exclusive global license agreement with Australian children’s entertainment group The Wiggles, extending and celebrating an extraordinary partnership that has spanned 30 years, to date.
The agreement will give the commercial arm of the Australian public broadcaster worldwide distribution rights to the group’s catalogue of premium television content, quality video productions and music.
The recently signed deal includes both future releases for The Wiggles current lineup and their back-catalogue, which permits ABC Commercial rights to distribute to international broadcasters and streamers, including those based in the UK, USA, Canada and other English-speaking territories.
The Wiggles originally signed with ABC Commercial in 1991 for the release of their self-titled debut album, released through the broadcaster’s ABC Music label. The ABC has since remained the award-winning group’s local distributor, selling more than eight million DVD’s & digital downloads, almost two million CDs in Australia alone. Globally the group has sold over 30 million DVDs, 8 million albums, 8 million books and accumulated over one billion music streams and 2 billion views on YouTube. Internationally, ABC Commercial has facilitated access to The Wiggles programs in over 200 million homes worldwide.
The Wiggles have experienced unprecedented worldwide success and in 2021 are celebrating their 30 years of educating, enriching and entertaining children and families all over the globe. 2021 has seen the group observe their landmark milestone with a new single We’re All Fruit Salad, new music album releases, new and exclusive content on FTA, STV, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, concert tours and collaborations across lifestyle brands.
“ABC Commercial is pleased to extend our global partnership with The Wiggles,” said Andrew Lambert, General Manager of ABC Commercial. “The Wiggles are the world’s most revered children’s entertainment group, universally celebrated by kids and parents alike both here in Australia and abroad, their music synonymous with the ABC brand. By extending our agreement for distribution rights to their award-winning catalogue of content, I am confident ABC Commercial will continue to build on their immense track-record of international success.”
Original cast member, Anthony Field together with Emma Watkins, Lachlan Gillespie and Simon Pryce make up today’s lineup that has seen The Wiggles continue their dominance of the children’s entertainment market.
“The Wiggles have called the ABC home for over 30 years,” said Blue Wiggle and creator of The Wiggles, Anthony Field,“We’re thrilled to continue that relationship by providing our trusted partner ABC Commercial an extended agreement for the rights to our catalogue. We believe this will assist us in our goal in continuing to entertain young children and families everywhere.”
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021