ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’
South Asian streaming platform ZEE5 Global announced the launch of its new Bangladeshi Original web series Ladies & Gentlemen directed by acclaimed Bangladeshi director Mostafa Sarwar Farooki.
In a virtual press conference held on 14 June, Mostafa was joined by the series’ cast and crew, as well as ZEE5 Global’s Chief Business Officer, Archana Anand, who unveiled the trailer of the web series.
Archana said, “We are positioning ourselves as a South Asian platform, the foremost for South Asians globally. That means we want to have the best of content across India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. With these six initiatives that we’ve done in Bangladesh, we’ve created high-quality content that has been truly appreciated by our audiences across the 197 plus countries that we now operate in.”
The platform’s Chief Business Officer added, “The latest, of course, is the launch that we’re doing in the U.S. market, which we announced will happen on 22 June. This market has a very high diaspora audience in Bangladesh, I think all of this wonderful content will see great traction and love in these new markets we’re entering. But the entire journey is about building a fabulous bouquet of content.”
Ladies and Gentlemen is the story of an ordinary girl and her emotional journey to becoming the voice of every working woman in Bangladesh. Comprised of eight episodes, the series puts strong women at the forefront and highlights the complexity of male-female dynamics and issues like misogyny that will surely resonate with ZEE5 Global’s audience.
Mostafa commented, “This is my first web series and that too on an international platform like ZEE5 Global, so I am very thrilled with this partnership. We’ve put a lot of effort into Ladies And Gentlemen, including partnering with an extremely talented DOP Alexey Kosorukov. We hope that the series will ignite a conversation among its viewers about the societal issues that are highlighted.”
Ladies and Gentlemen follow the success of Bangladeshi Originals such as Mainkar Chipay, WTFry, Jodi Kintu Tobuo, and Thanda. The web series stars Tasnia Farin and Afzal Hossain, and is set to premiere on 9 July on ZEE5 Global. Viewers in Bangladesh can watch the series for free.
Download the ZEE5 app from Google Play Store / iOS App Store, on Roku devices, Samsung Smart TVs, Apple TVs, Android TVs, and Amazon Fire Stick. ZEE5 is also available on www.ZEE5.com.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021