Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore
It is undeniable that food delivery riders play a big role in making life easier. While most Singaporeans are staying safe at home, delivery riders and drivers are braving it all to deliver essentials and cravings to our doors.
It is in appreciation of these unsung heroes for their service that Viu Singapore is announcing an initiative to deliver entertainment to these riders and drivers as they wait, eat and rest. Starting on 9 June, Viu Singapore will be rolling out free 90 Days Viu Premium Subscriptions to all food delivery riders in Singapore as a small gesture to brighten their workday.
QR codes to redeem the 90 Days Viu Premium Subscriptions will be sent to all delivery riders through food delivery partners including Grab, Deliveroo and Foodpanda. In addition, the QR codes will be printed and displayed at places around Singapore for essential workers to eat and rest.
With the Viu Premium Subscription, riders and drivers can enjoy 90 days of complimentary access to Viu’s wide variety of premium Asian entertainment content, such as Korean, Chinese and Hong Kong movies, crime action-thrillers, supernatural/horror shows; anime series; and variety shows, and be entertained on the move, as they wait for orders or take a break.
“Beyond food and essentials, these unsung heroes are actually delivering joy to us as we’re stuck at home. In a similar fashion, we hope that our little gesture will help to deliver entertainment and bring a smile to their faces as they wait for our orders or take a well-deserved break. Viu is cheering our food delivery riders on, and we hope that through this initiative, they can feel a little extra appreciation and a sense of support as we ride out these tough times together,” said Mr. Anson Tan, Country Manager, Viu Singapore.
The initiative was first launched on June 3 at East Coast GRC’s Heartbeat@Bedok designated food area for food delivery riders.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 168 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021