NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’
NTV announced at KEY BUYERS EVENT: digital a deal with Walter Presents. The company’s Murderous Fever will premiere on Walter Presents across six platforms internationally, being one of Russia’s first true-case investigative dramas to be streamed on top platforms as part of NTV’s global expansion strategy. The license covers the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand from 2022. The contract also includes Free TV and Pay TV premiers’ rights on those territories.
Murderous Fever digs into one of the most brutal serial killer cases in Soviet history and the cover-up conspiracy that surrounded it. Based on a true story, this brilliant 10-part criminal drama goes behind the scenes on some of the most complex and shocking murder investigations in USSR and shines a light on what it’s like to be a homicide detective risking everything in pursuit of justice.
Walter Presents is a curated video-on-demand service dedicated to hand-picking prestige foreign-language dramas from around the world, partnered with Channel 4 in the UK. ‘Murderous Fever‘ will also be available on Walter Presents via the PBS Masterpiece Prime Video Channel in the US and Canada, as well as on Roku and Comcast Xfinity X1 in the US and on-demand in New Zealand and Australia.
“Murderous Fever‘ is our strongest new TV show. The project has rightfully caught the interest of one of the leading British companies with a distribution network covering Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand. What makes this transaction especially valuable is the fact that our show was chosen personally by Walter Iuzzolino, the founder of Walter Presents, who always selects projects for the platform himself,” says Timur Weinstein, General Producer at NTV.
Walter Iuzzolino, co-founder and curator of Walter Presents, added “I am delighted to be partnering with NTV, a company known for its prestigious programming, to bring this glossy, high-class Russian thriller to the Walter Presents platform. The addictive storytelling will resonate with audiences globally whilst offering an incredible insight into untold Russian history.”
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021