Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’
Keshet International (KI) has completed a raft of sales of Israel’s highest rating drama since 2015, Line in the Sand¸the intense crime drama series co-created by Rotem Shamir (Diamonds, Hostages, Fauda) and Yuval Yefet (Diamonds, Fauda).
KI has sold Koda Communications’ eight-part thriller in France to the new youth-skewing streamer Brut X and in Germany to RTL for its RTL Crime channel. The global distributor has also completed sales of the captivating crime thriller – described by Ynet as “exceptionally enthralling” and featuring “excellent performances” (Walla) – to BETV in French-speaking Belgium and to Network 10 in Australia for its streaming service Paramount+.
All four broadcasters have also optioned the second series recently reordered by Keshet 12 from KI. Active discussions are ongoing with numerous other broadcast partners including Europe and Latin America.
Meanwhile, the first season of Line in the Sand has been selected by the Monte-Carlo TV Festival for its Official Selection and a prestigious Golden Nymph Award, with a delegation from the show expected to attend the 60th anniversary event in Monaco from 18 to 22 June.
Set 15 years ago on Israel’s golden coast and inspired by real events, Line in the Sand stars Tsahi Halevi (The Grave, Fauda, The Women’s Balcony) as Alon, an idealistic and morally unshakable police detective who leaves behind a high-flying career to return to his hometown. Finding a city in turmoil and the residents in the grip of a crime lord, Alon is forced to engage with the gangster on his terms, which means the only way to take the criminal down is to become the very thing he despises. As the tense stand-off escalates, Alon is left asking himself where the line between right and wrong lies.
Keren Shahar, KI’s COO and President of Distribution adds, “We are thrilled with the fantastic response we’ve had from buyers all over the world to Line in the Sand. This crime drama is pure, unbridled entertainment, so it is appealing to networks and streamers alike. We’re looking forward to announcing the second raft of sales very shortly.”
Line in the Sand secured an average share of 27.2% across its eight-part run from 25 January on Keshet 12, breaking rating records to make it Israel’s most-watched TV drama since 2015. Currently in pre-production, the second series will again be produced by Koda Communications, directed by Rotem Shamir alongside visual effects specialist Dan Sachar (The Grave, Our Boys), with Ram Landes (Your Honor, Connected) producing. Keshet International (KI) will continue to distribute the tape and format internationally for both series.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021