KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines
KC Global Media Asia (KCGM Asia), the network that owns and operates pay-TV channels AXN, Animax, ONE and GEM, expands in Southeast Asia via new carriages in three territories: Cambodia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
In Cambodia, subscribers of regional video streaming service provider WeWatch can now enjoy the best of both English and Japanese entertainment following the launch last June 1 of English-language general entertainment network AXN, as well as anime channel Animax and Japanese entertainment channel GEM.
In the Philippines, anime fans are now able to stream full episodes of select Animax titles on TrueID Philippines, an offshoot of Thailand’s leading digital lifestyle app and a new player in the Philippine market.
Meanwhile, the Philippines’ premier DTH satellite provider Cignal completed their bouquet of KCGM Asia Channels with the launch of GEM on April 5. Subscribers of Postpaid Plan 290 and up and Prepaid Load 300 and up can now watch the best of Japanese entertainment on GEM on Ch 173.
Fans of Japanese entertainment in Malaysia can similarly look forward to the imminent launch of GEM in the country via Sirius, a new local satellite player providing DTH services. More details surrounding the launch will be shared by KCGM Asia in the coming weeks.
Avani Bhanchawat, Vice President and Head of Revenue at KCGM Asia, says about the expansion, “AXN has always been an undisputed leader in the English general entertainment scene, while, with the substantial appetite and noise around Asian content in the region, Animax and GEM have also become preferred destinations for anime and Japanese content respectively. We are delighted to be able to offer audiences in Cambodia, Malaysia and the Philippines even more ways to access and enjoy the varied, fresh and top-quality entertainment offered by each of our premium channels.”
Featuring top-rated drama series, reality programs and groundbreaking Original Productions, AXN is the leading English general entertainment channel in Asia. Ongoing titles include the latest seasons of The Blacklist, airing within 12 hours of its US telecast every Thursday at 10.40PM (9.40PM JKT/BKK) and The Rookie every Wednesday at 9.45PM (8.45PM JKT/BKK), as well as the very timely medical drama Nurses, airing every Tuesday at 9.45PM (8.45PM JKT/BKK).
Animax continues to be the leading destination for anime across a variety of genres, home to the latest blockbuster anime as well as well-loved classics. Among the many hit series that became available on TrueID Philippines starting April 1 are The Seven Deadly Sins -Imperial Wrath of the Gods-, One Punch Man and Cells at Work!. Ongoing titles on-air include I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level, airing every Sunday at 7PM (6PM JKT/BKK), within 12 hours of its Japan telecast.
GEM offers an expanded roster of fresh-run and exclusive dramas, as well as variety entertainment shows from leading Japanese studios. Ongoing titles include Nemesis starring Sho Sakurai of ARASHI and Suzu Hirose, airing within the same week as Japan, every Saturday at 8.40PM (7.40PM JKT/BKK) as well as Medical Team Lady da Vinci’s Diagnosis airing every Thursday and Friday at 8.45PM (7.45PM JKT/BKK).
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 68 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021