Dejero has appointed Francois Vaillant as its new senior technical product manager. Vaillant joins Dejero from CBC (Canada Broadcasting Corporation), where he spent the last 15 years at the helm of innovation and standards, last serving as executive director of engineering solutions for the national broadcaster.
Having led CBC’s IP transformation, which started in 2017, Vaillant ensured consistency of capital investment and the unification and standardization of the company’s technical architecture. He is recognised as a pioneer of IP implementation and has been heavily involved in the development of IP standards. Over the course of his 25+ years in IT leadership roles, Vaillant has become a long-standing member of the SMPTE Board of Governors, NABA (North American Broadcast Association) and EBU (European Broadcast Union).
In his new role, Vaillant will support Dejero’s product management team by collaborating with customers to solve existing challenges, develop strategies that take advantage of evolving technology for the future and help shape the company’s roadmap, including next-generation mobile transmitters and cloud solutions.
With recent technology trends including multi-platform content delivery, IP-based contribution and distribution, remote production, virtualization, COTS and cloud-based workflows, broadcasters have a greater reliance on internet connectivity than ever. It’s this resilient, uninterrupted connectivity that Dejero is renowned for, made possible by its unique Smart Blending Technology that provides connection diversity, redundancy, and continuity by intelligently combining multiple networks into a single service, that is becoming even more vital.
“As one of the industry’s most disruptive market leaders, I am very happy to be a part of Dejero’s product management team,” said Vaillant. “The company is at the forefront of the virtualized, cloud-based technology movement and has developed some incredibly versatile platforms that can be diversified across different markets. It’s an exciting place to be.”
“As in many industries, broadcasters are seeing an acceleration of digital transformation and convergence of technologies,” said Yvonne Monterroso, director of product management at Dejero.” To have an industry innovator of Francois’ calibre on our team is a tremendous asset as we develop new solutions that set broadcasters up for success now, and in the future, while they remain focused on providing engaging and high-quality content for their viewers.”
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 168 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021