ABC Commercial rolls out an exciting slate for MIP China
ABC Commercial has announced a full offering of blue-chip Australian scripted and unscripted content and award-winning formats to celebrate its attendance at MIP China’s Partnership Forum’s 2021 online market event.
The exciting line-up on ABC Commercial’s new-to-market scripted slate kicks off with Aftertaste (4K/HD 6×30’), the hit comedy with bite from Closer Productions. Aftertaste is an irreverent, laugh-out-loud series that follows an internationally renowned yet volatile celebrity chef, Easton West, whose spectacular fall from grace sees him return from his high profile career in Shanghai to his small home town in rural Australia where he endeavors to rebuild his career and restore his reputation, with the help of his talented, young, pastry-chef niece.
Also, on the comedy-drama slate comes Fisk (HD 6×30’) from Porchlight Films, a hilarious and highly relatable legal comedy starring Kitty Flanagan. Previously a high-end contracts solicitor, Helen Tudor-Fisk (Flanagan) finds herself in the low rent world of wills and probate when she takes the job at Gruber & Gruber, following a humiliating marriage breakdown and professional fall from grace. Navigating her new ‘career’ proves tricky, as Fisk realises the truth of her misplaced assumption: just because her clients are dead, does not mean she won’t have to deal with people.
The battle with COVID-19 has shown how a virus can bring the world to its knees. Invisible Wars (HD 3×60’) from Wildbear Entertainment is a timely series about humanity’s battle with deadly microbes. A real-life science thriller, tracking global epidemics and exploring the rise and fall of infectious diseases past, present and emerging. From EQ Media Group, The Time Traveller’s Guide to the Galaxy (HD 6×60’) explores mankind’s insatiable desire to break loose the shackles of earth and journey deep into time and space, and features some of the world’s sharpest and most innovative cosmic thinkers. Plus, challenging stereotypes, the inspirational Jaimen Hudson: From Sky to Sea (4K/HD 1×60, 1×90’) from SeaDog TV International combines a profoundly moving human interest story with adventure and stunning wildlife.
Always hotly anticipated, our children’s slate doesn’t disappoint with exciting new series launching from the commissioning team behind the global success Bluey -The Wonder Gang (HD 40×14’) and the animated series Big Words Small Stories (HD 65×5’) from Moody Street Kids, an entertaining animated series that that brings the power of new words to curious kids.
Recently nominated in the 2021 International Format Awards (in the Best Host of a Format category), Fight For Planet A: Our Climate Challenge is one of the freshest and most readily adaptable new factual entertainment properties on the market. Recently optioned in Spain, Fight for Planet A follows five diverse and competing households, taking a positive approach to reducing our carbon footprint and helping to protect our planet for future generations.
Attending MIP China is Jamie I, ABC Commercial’s latest appointment as Sales Manager for Australia, Asia, MENA and Formats who noted, “I am excited to be representing ABC Commercial at this year’s MIP China’s digital event. I’ve worked in the territory for several years and understand that China and the rest of Asia, has a dynamic market so I’m really looking forward to presenting the fabulous lineup ABC Commercial has to offer for 2021.”
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 129 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021