Abacus Media Rights acquires feature documentary ‘The Beatles and India’
Abacus Media Rights (AMR), a member of the Amcomri Media Group, has secured distribution rights to The Beatles And India, a unique historical chronicle of the enduring love affair between The Beatles and India, which premieres at the BFI on 6th June, for the closing night film of Tongues on Fire, producer of the UK Asian Film Festival.
The Beatles And India (1 x 96’) is produced by Reynold D’Silva, Founder and CEO of Silva Screen Music Group, an independent British music company. Inspired by Ajoy Bose’s book Across the Universe, D’Silva has taken this amazing saga further by producing Bose’s directorial debut. Bose and cultural researcher, co-director Pete Compton, have created an audio-visual presentation that stands apart from the many documentaries produced about the band, delving deep into the most crucial period of their evolution from the world’s most famous pop stars, into multi-faceted pioneering musical artists.
With rare archival footage, an array of unseen recordings and photographs, eye-witness accounts and stunning location shoots across India, this extraordinary documentary brings alive the fascinating journey of George, John, Paul and Ringo, from their high-octane celebrity lives in the West, to a remote Himalayan ashram in search of spiritual bliss that inspired an unprecedented burst of creative song-writing. It is the first serious exploration of how India shaped the development of the greatest ever rock band and their own pioneering role bridging two vastly different cultures.
The Beatles And India is produced by Renoir Pictures, a Silva Screen Company. Both D’Silva and Compton are Executive Producers on Renoir Pictures’ documentary It Was Fifty Years Ago Today – The Beatles: Sgt Pepper & Beyond, marking the 50th anniversary of the band’s album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’, an album that not only changed the course of music but went on to become one of the biggest-selling records of all time.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020