Media Prima Berhad experiences rapid digital audience growth using Grabyo
Media Prima Berhad, Malaysia’s leading fully integrated media company, has experienced rapid growth in its social and digital audiences since its shift to focus on real-time and live social video.
In 2018, the broadcaster partnered with leading cloud video platform Grabyo to bolster its social and digital content production. In that time, the broadcaster has experienced over 1,800% YoY growth in social video views from 2019 to 2020.
The broadcaster has now signed a long term extension agreement with Grabyo to further its digital content strategy across its four main studios – TV3, ntv7, 8TV, and TV9.
In a challenging period for the media industry, Media Prima has stood strong and led the industry with digital-first content experiences. Media Prima reacted quickly to the increased demand for multi-platform digital content, which has sustained into 2021, leveraging Grabyo’s technology to scale its content production and reach consumers with relevant content at the right time.
To do this, Media Prima uses Grabyo’s real-time video clipping tool to create and distribute clips from its four main channels across multiple platforms in seconds. Its team has adapted strongly to working remotely, entirely in the cloud.
Speed matters on social and digital platforms and this partnership will continue to enable Media Prima to be the first to market with digital content, positioning the broadcaster’s social and digital channels as primary destinations for entertainment and news. Viewers will be able to access its content using any device, across whichever platform they prefer.
Media Prima will also utilize Grabyo’s rapid editing platform, Grabyo Editor, to deliver engaging video content from its channels, creating new formats and segments for consumers to enjoy and in 2021 will also begin to step into remote live production for eSports and Entertainment via Grabyo Producer.
Cloud-based working ensures broadcasters are not reliant on access to studios on on-prem hardware to continue delivering content. By extending its partnership with Grabyo, Media Prima ensures its production team will be able to keep producing content from anywhere across Malaysia, whether in a fully remote or hybrid production environment.
“We are delighted to continue our partnership with Grabyo and to keep building our digital presence”, comments [Nicholas Sagau, Chief Product Officer] at REV Media Group (formerly Media Prima Digital). “This partnership has allowed us to deliver content in real-time across all of our digital channels and has enabled us to build a strong digital audience over the last two years while catering to the changes in consumption habits. There are more Malaysians online than ever before and we hope that this continued partnership with Grabyo will allow us to capitalise on market trends and unlock new monetization opportunities.”
“We are excited to continue our partnership with Media Prima that will allow it to keep publishing its digital content entirely through the cloud”, adds Elliot Renton, Grabyo EVP and Head of Asia-Pacific. “This partnership easily ensures Media Prima can innovate around its video strategy and lead the way in serving audiences online with cutting edge real-time content. Our cloud technology has helped to drive huge growth in this area and we look forward to expanding our relationship further over the longer term.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020