Fred Media deals see ‘Space Invaders’ land with international partners
Only weeks after its launch during the MIPTV period, Fred Media is pleased to announce that its new factual entertainment series, Space Invaders, has started its international rollout and been the subject of a number of early deals – both for the finished series and the format.
The original 10 x 60 minute series was created and produced by Fred Media’s parent company, WTFN, for the Nine Network in Australia. It has proved a breakout hit down under this season, with the programme widely acclaimed for its timely and emotional mix of de-cluttering, renovation and transformation.
Such as been the success of the first season that Nine has just commissioned a second 10 x 60 minute series of Space Invaders from WTFN. It will go into production in the second half of 2021.
The completed series has been acquired by TVNZ in New Zealand and SBS in Belgium, with a further eight territories currently under negotiation. Meanwhile, leading European production companies have raced to sign early options for the format, alongside a yet-to-be-announced European broadcaster. The production companies now working on local versions of Space Invaders include Leonine Studios (Small Not Tall, The Ultimate Chart Show) in Germany, WeMake (The Big Crazy Game Night, Split Screen) in France and Aito Media (Four Star Home Makeover, You Are What You Eat) in Finland.
In addition, leading US producer Critical Content (Catfish, Home Free, The Great Food Truck Race) has struck a deal with Fred Media to rep the format stateside.
Across the globe, families are battling a clutter crisis and desperately need an intervention. In the Australian series, enter inspirational declutter guru Peter Walsh. With multiple best-selling books and years ‘organising’ for TV titan Oprah Winfrey, Peter has transformed thousands of lives. Understanding that people’s belongings are heavily tied to their emotions, in confronting scenes he pushes families to take ownership of their ‘stuff’ and turn chaos to calm. Joining Peter is renovation queen Cherie Barber and treasure hunter Lucas Callaghan. Cherie has just two days to renovate the homes, with her mantra ‘minimum spend for maximum impact’. Meanwhile former Aussie Pickers star Lucas sorts through the trash to find hidden gems he can turn into fast cash. Authentic, emotion-charged and always good humoured, Space Invaders helps those in greatest need, and in the process inspires homeowners to improve their lives.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020