‘All Those Things We Never Said’ adapted from best-selling novel by Marc Levy kicks off production
STUDIOCANAL, Europe’s leader in production, distribution and international sales of TV series and feature films, CANAL+ Group and STARZPLAY announced the start of principal photography for All Those Things We Never Said, a comedy drama series based on the best-selling novel by Marc Levy.
Written by Marc Levy, who will also act as showrunner and Miguel Courtois (El Lobo, GAL, Operacion E) who will direct, the 10 x 30’ French-language drama is a bittersweet comedy with soul. A wryly fun father-daughter adventure story about a second chance and a first love. Cleverly playing across two timelines and set in the heart-stoppingly beautiful European cities of Paris, Bruges, Berlin and Madrid, this original and ambitious, character-driven series is a unique family comedy drama with a quirky fantasy twist.
Produced by Marc Levy, Susanna Lea, Alain Pancrazi (Holy Lands) and Jean-Baptiste Frey (For The Ones We Loved) for TCC, Anna Marsh and Françoise Guyonnet for STUDIOCANAL, All Those Things We Never Said stars Jean Reno (Leon : The Professional, The Big Blue, The Da Vinci Code), Alexandra Maria Lara (Downfall, The Reader, Rush), Alex Brendemühl (Wakolda, Madre), and Ben (Hotel Normandy, Une Belle Histoire).
Author of 22 novels, Marc Levy has been translated and published in 49 languages. With more than 50 million copies sold, he is the most read French author alive today. More than 2.5 million copies of his books have been sold in China alone. During the 2020 lockdown, the two French novelists most read by Americans were Albert Camus and Marc Levy.
All Those Things We Never Said will be STARZPLAY’s first French-language co-production released for first run in the UK and Ireland; Germany and German-speaking Europe including Switzerland, Austria and Luxembourg; in addition to Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy and Latin America including Brazil; along with second-run distribution in France. The CANAL+ Group footprint covered in the deal includes France and French-speaking territories, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Hungary, French Speaking Africa, Myanmar and Vietnam.
STUDIOCANAL holds rights to the series for the rest of the world.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 52 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 50 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 36 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020