LiveU brings Mastercard®-sponsored live coverage of 2021 Australian Open tennis tournament to fans online
LiveU’s live streaming and remote production solution was selected by Australian production company 5stream at the recent Australian Open for innovative viewer engagement and branding on behalf of the tournament’s official partner Mastercard®. The live production was a key element in the sponsorship activation campaign, managed by local advertising agency McCann Australia to connect fans with the tennis via an immersive viewing experience. LiveU’s local partner, Pacific Live Media, provided the equipment and local technical support.
LiveU’s LU800 production-level unit was instrumental in covering the tournament, enabling a cost-effective multi-camera sports production with superior video and audio capabilities. Live 360° feeds were streamed in 4K to Mastercard®’s YouTube channel providing unique virtual fan experiences with a behind-the-scenes look at the tennis in real-time. The same unit was also used to cover the tournament from multiple angles with high-res, fully frame-synced feeds, and as a DataBridge with wireless connectivity for direct high-quality data streams on the go.
Mitchell Kalika, General Manager, 5stream, said, “With the social distancing restrictions and subsequent lockdown, we were determined to reach the fans stuck at home with a premium 4K 360° viewing experience. At the same time, we needed a cost-effective solution that was reliable and could easily be used as part of a remote production. In the end, the flexibility and efficiency of the LiveU LU800 solution exceeded our expectations, we simply adjusted it to meet our production needs as we went along, switching between single and multi-camera feeds. It was almost like a swiss army knife with multi-camera, live streaming and DataBridge all on the same device!”
“As full service live streaming experts, 5Stream are truly creative in their use of LiveU technology. This remote production, over the course of 14 days, took the live coverage to a higher level providing an incredible tennis experience for virtual fans at home”, summarized Yaal Eshel, General Manager, LiveU Asia.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020