CATCHPLAY+ and BBC Studios bring the best of UK drama to Indonesia and Taiwan through BBC First
CATCHPLAY+ and BBC Studios have announced their first partnership for the launch of premium British drama brand, BBC First, as an SVOD service on the CATCHPLAY+ streaming platform in Taiwan and for the first time in Indonesia.
CATCHPLAY+ is one of Asia Pacific’s most pioneering streaming service providers, while BBC Studios is a leading global content company with British creativity at its heart.
The home of quality, original British dramas, BBC First features award-winning talent in front of and behind the camera. Some of the programmes which viewers will be able to access include: Doctor Who, the longest sci-fi series in the world and an icon of British popular culture; Small Axe, starring John Boyega who clinched the title of ‘Best Supporting Actor’ at the recent Golden Globe Awards; and Hear Her, a series directed by the notable Chinese actress, Vicki Zhao, and based on a BBC format.
Daphne Yang, CEO of CATCHPLAY Group says: “We are delighted to partner with BBC Studios in Taiwan and especially as the first in Indonesia to have the content from BBC First on our platform. In addition to our leading offering of movies and series from Hollywood and Asia, this partnership further completes our lineup and helps fulfill our mission to consistently provide movie and drama lovers with the best and latest, premium entertainment content from all over the world.”
Ryan Shiotani, who leads BBC Studios’ Branded services in Asia, says: “We are thrilled to launch premium British drama brand, BBC First, in Taiwan, and for the first time in Indonesia, with our partner CATCHPLAY+. From edgy new perspectives to a fresh look at classics, BBC First is all about bringing audiences from around the world unforgettable characters, unexpected stories and unmissable moments, and this will be no exception for our Indonesian and Taiwanese audiences.”
Existing CATCHPLAY+ subscribers will be able to access all the BBC First content on the platform without having to pay any additional fees. New users can access the CATCHPLAY+ website or download the app and subscribe at 199 NT in Taiwan or Rp. 45,000 (before tax) in Indonesia per month for unlimited watching of BBC First dramas in addition to thousands of hours of leading Hollywood and Asian movies and series, many weekly refreshed as they premiere worldwide. A special promotion of ‘Buy 1 Month Enjoy 3 Months’ offer for new users is also available for credit card holders.
CATCHPLAY+ service can be found through website, app downloads from Android PlayStore, AppStore, and through leading operators including Telkom Indonesia’s IndiHome, First Media and XL Home in addition to smart TV platforms such as MiTV and LG Smart TV.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 251 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021