STUDIOCANAL’s ‘The Adventures of Paddington’ heads to China
STUDIOCANAL, Europe’s leader in production, distribution and international sales of TV series and feature films, has partnered with Shanghai Senyu Media on The Adventures of Paddington in China. The animated series will be represented by the leading local distributor to broadcasters in Mainland China at the ongoing FILMART in Hong Kong which kicked off with a digital version on 15th March.
Shanghai Senyu Media has a strong track record distributing many major children’s IPs in China including PJ Masks and Paw Patrol.
Following its international roll-out on Nickelodeon, the first series of The Adventures of Paddington has been a global hit travelling to every corner of the world, with a second series following the same path to success.
The Adventures of Paddington is a new version of a familiar bear. A heart-warming show about being curious, being good to others and being part of a loving family. Each 11-minute episode takes a lead from Michael Bond’s original books and, within the spirit of the highly successful Paddington movies with a third just announced, tells a brand new story in an exciting new animated form. The series is written by Jon Foster and James Lamont and produced by Heyday Films, STUDIOCANAL, COPYRIGHTS GROUP with the participation of M6.
Sarah Mottershead, Senior Sales Manager TV Series who negotiated the deal for STUDIOCANAL comments, “We are thrilled to see Paddington start a brand new adventure in China and reach a whole new generation. Our much-loved bear is adored by millions in China already, so we’re sure that both adults and children alike will enjoy these new light-hearted stories that embrace and encourage kindness and thoughtfulness as well as a great deal of fun.”
Ms. CHANG Fan, VP at Shanghai Senyu Media adds, “Paddington is a renowned brand in China and we believe it will become another big hit when the new series is launched.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020