Rainmaker Content confirms sales for lockdown comedy series ‘Staged 2’
Rainmaker Content, the international distributor specialising in drama, factual and special event programming, announced sales of the second series of successful, award-winning comedy series Staged, as well as reporting new sales of both series to additional key broadcasters.
Renewal deals for Staged 2 (8 x 22’) have been confirmed with Hulu (SVOD in the US), ABC in Australia for TV and to Huanxi Media Group for all rights in China, with a brand-new deal with the UK’s BritBox for series 2, which will launch on the service this month.
In addition, Rainmaker has struck new deals for both Season 1 and 2 with Canal+ France, DirecTV Latin America, BBC UKTV New Zealand, HOT Israel, Canal+ Poland, Russian Report and BBC Studios Home Entertainment in the UK.
The critically acclaimed series, written and directed by Simon Evans, produced and co-created by Phin Glynn, and starring David Tennant (Good Omens, Doctor Who) and Michael Sheen (Good Omens, Masters of Sex), were both filmed entirely throughout two of the UK lockdowns and received rave reviews following their UK transmission.
Absurd and humorous in equal measure both series also star Georgia Tennant, Anna Lundberg and Lucy Eaton as well as eminent surprise guest stars. Staged, an Infinity Hill and GCB Films Production features the cast of a play – the cream of the crop of acting talent – who are furloughed when their upcoming production is suddenly brought to a halt. The series follows the cast as they try their best to keep the rehearsals on track in lockdown.
Staged Producer Victor Glynn said “The Rainmaker team have done everything they promised and more. The fact that the show has a worldwide following is due in no small part to their commitment, imagination and belief in the show. All helped of course by the sheer brilliance and audacity of what we have created!”
Rainmaker Content Head of Sales Karen Wise, comments, “Staged has been one of the standout comedy hits among the lockdown productions. The authentic performances of the main characters along with some stellar cameo appearances mean the series has gone from strength to strength. We’re delighted to have been able to spread some laughter around the world at this difficult time.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 213 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 76 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020