Cignal TV and TV5 collaboration with top producers benefit viewers
Changes are sweeping the broadcast industry as more collaborations and inter-company productions are remaking the entertainment landscape in the country. One notable example is the partnership forged between Cignal TV, TV5 and some of the biggest production companies and talent management agencies in the Philippines. Since last year, Cignal TV has joined forces with a remarkable group of entertainment bigwigs that included VIVA Entertainment, IdeaFirst Company, Cornerstone Entertainment, Brightlight Productions, Archangel Media, Regal Entertainment. Just recently, Cignal signed a content-deal arrangement with ABS-CBN Corp to offer viewers the best talents and programs for their viewing pleasure.
Cignal and TV5 President & CEO Robert P. Galang expressed high hopes for more partnerships with various production companies. “These collaborations between Cignal and the different creative and production companies and their talents aim to bring the best entertainment programs for the benefit of our viewers. We are humbled and honoured to be able to provide work opportunities for our brothers and sisters in the entertainment industry especially in this time of the pandemic,” Galang said.
TV5’s primetime lineup is now bolstered by ABS-CBN’s hit series FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano, along with Ang Sa Iyo ay Akin, Walang Hanggang Paalam, and Pinoy Big Brother Connect which airs from Monday to Friday, 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Brightlight Productions, another recent addition to TV5’s roster, offers viewers entertaining shows such as Rated Korina, Oh My Dad!, and Lunch Out Loud.
Since last year, premiere multimedia company, VIVA Entertainment, has been actively working jointly with the network to produce some of the most immersive and exciting shows on TV; including Born to Be A Star, Puto, Republika Origins, Ninja Kids, 1000 Heartbeats: Pintig Pinoy, The Wall Philippines, and Encounter. Other shows that have made an impact on Pinoy viewers are Masked Singer Pilipinas, Ghost Adventures, Bella Bandida, Kagat ng Dilim, and Onstage. There is also the special drama series produced by IdeaFirst Company, Paano Ang Pasko? and its sequel, Paano Ang Pangako?, created by Palanca Hall of Famer Jun Robles Lana and directed by Enrico Quizon, Ricky Davao, and Perci Intalan.
Another creative group that has joined the Cignal TV/TV5 lineup is Cornerstone Entertainment, whose programs I Got You, Stay-In Love, and Sunday Noontime Live! shows were aired on TV5. Just recently, one of its talents, Gretchen Ho, joined the network to star in her own show Woman In Action, and to join news programs Frontline Pilipinas and The Big Story. Meanwhile, Archangel Media continues to entertain the viewers with its game shows Bawal na Game Show, hosted by Paolo Ballesteros and Wally Bayola; and Fill in the Bank, with Jose Manalo and Pokwang. Regal Entertainment which had been in collaboration with TV5 for more than a decade is offering its critically acclaimed films through One Screen Channel aired on Cignal TV starting March 2021.
Cignal TV and TV5’s efforts to open their doors to powerhouses in the industry are a big step towards redefining how content for TV is consumed by the network’s viewers. It also hints that the network is an avenue for creativity and a variety of quality content.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020