Discovery Networks Asia Pacific partners with SCMP to showcase new food series on Asian Food Network
The South China Morning Post announced that it has reached an exclusive agreement with Discovery Networks Asia Pacific for the broadcast rights for Eat China. The series will air across 39 territories across APAC and will be available across non-standard TV platforms, including AVOD and SVOD.
Eat China is produced by Goldthread, SCMP’s video-first culture publication focused on exploring trends and human interest stories in today’s China through its food, people, and travel. The programme will air on the highly-rated Asian Food Network (AFN), the region’s leading TV and online food channel that celebrates unique Asian culinary and cultural experiences.
The multi-year is SCMP’s first acquisition deal with a broadcast network and the agreement comprises four episodes per season. Eat China began its broadcast on 5 February 2021. In addition to Eat China, AFN will feature episodes and recipes from Goldthread’s Chef’s Plate series across its digital properties, including its website and social media channels.
“Viewers across APAC have an appetite for food and lifestyle shows on Discovery and we’re thrilled to add Goldthread’s Eat China Series to our network’s compelling line-up of food programming,” said Rohit Tharani, Senior Director, Southeast Asia, Direct to Consumer. “As the region’s leading food-focused multi-platform network that celebrates unique culinary experiences from Asia, we’re pleased to showcase a programme that captures the broad diversity of Chinese cuisine with a modern touch.”
Goldthread’s Executive Director, Victoria Ho said, “The show is dedicated to food enthusiasts and the China-curious who appreciates punchy deep dives delivered with journalistic rigour. We look forward to entertaining and informing viewers across the region and this partnership will broaden the reach and popularity of Goldthread’s programmes such as Eat China across AFN’s platforms and we’re delighted to have Discovery Networks Asia Pacific as our partner.”
From noodles in the North to spicy Sichuan peppers in the southwest, Eat China takes viewers across China in search of authentic regional Chinese cuisines shaped by topography, traditions and culture. Goldthread explains how famous Chinese dishes came to be, and trace their origins to their roots. The show will feature food experts and chefs to help guide viewers through China’s diverse food culture and explore exciting dishes and flavour profiles through ingredients, stories, and people.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 66 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020