Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE partner for video quality optimization
The two companies are teaming to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to seamlessly implement SSIMWAVE’s SSIMPLUS® system in conjunction with Firstlight Media’s modular, cloud-based streaming platform that is built on Gen 5 architecture and delivers step-changes in performance, flexibility, and scale. The partnership supports the optimization of encoding for VOD content, as well as live video monitoring from source to the device.
Based on the human visual system, SSIMPLUS uses software probes within the delivery chain and an objective scoring methodology to provide actionable insights into video quality from source to the device. SSIMPLUS enables video providers to fix processing and delivery issues; validate and manage HDR quality, and balance viewer experience and cost to support expense reduction and subscriber satisfaction goals.
“Research has shown that quality of video experiences or delivery costs are the primary concerns for more than 50% of video providers and that almost one-fourth of providers are unsure of how to measure QoE,” said Dr. Abdul Rehman, CEO, CTO, and co-founder of SSIMWAVE. “Firstlight Media’s platform expertise and ambitious growth strategies will help us broaden the adoption of SSIMWAVE solutions that can help providers optimize both bitrates and viewer experiences.”
“There are proven links between Quality of Experience and viewer loyalty,” said Andre Christensen, CEO, and co-founder of Firstlight Media. “SSIMWAVE’s advances in its Emmy-winning algorithm can uniquely provide value to our customers by helping them cost-effectively deliver the quality levels that build long-term subscriber value.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 66 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021