DCD Rights’ factual series continues to appeal to audiences around the world
Leading UK-based distributor DCD Rights has made a further raft of sales of non-scripted programming to international platforms and broadcasters it was announced by Nicky Davies Williams, CEO.
A World Without NASA, produced by Go Button Media for Curiosity Stream, which reveals how NASA has impacted our lives in so many different ways, has been acquired by Prima Group – Czech Republic, Da Vinci Channel – Russia, Poland, Turkey, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Africa, Baltic States, Emirates Cable TV E-Vision – Middle East, Virgin Media – UK, and, RAI – Italian Speaking Europe. Six-part series Phantom Signals, produced by Go Button Media for Science Channel, which looks at the phenomenon of mystery signals across the universe, has been picked up by Discovery – Spain & Andorra and for the A+E Networks® UK channel Sky HISTORY in the UK, Gibraltar and Malta.
Produced by Wonder Television for The Open University and BBC Four, How To Make… sees material Scientist Zoe Laughlin on a joyous journey of wonder and revelation as she challenges herself to make her version of some of the most iconic and best-loved everyday items that we all use. This highly-watchable, factual documentary series has been acquired by a host of international broadcasters including, UR: Swedish Educational Broadcasting Company, Geo Television – German Speaking Europe, RTV – Slovenia, American Public Television (APT) – USA, The Open University of Hong Kong and Knowledge Network – Canada.
Highly successful, 20 x one-hour episode factual series Disasters Engineered, where engineers push the boundaries of innovation leading humanity towards our greatest achievements, continues to be in demand across the globe. Brand new additional sales of this innovative and informative series include YLE – Finland, Spektrum – Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, True Visions – Thailand, TVNZ – New Zealand, Discovery – Benelux and RMC Story – French Speaking Europe & Africa. Disasters Engineered is produced by SWR Media, Intermission Film & DCD Rights in association with Dash Pictures for Science Channel & Discovery UK.
Nicky Davies Williams comments, “We are definitely seeing an upswing in acquisitions of our factual and factual entertainment series from a wide group of international platforms and broadcasters. With more time to view, audiences are seeking engaging, non-scripted content that intrigues and piques their interest across a multitude of subjects, and we are extremely pleased to be able to deliver these intelligent and fresh series to our clients for their schedules right now.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020