Reed MIDEM outlines plans for MIPTV and MIPCOM 2021
Reed MIDEM outlines 2021 plans for its flagship international television distribution markets MIPTV and MIPCOM as it looks forward to gathering the industry together next year through online and in-person events.
MIPTV – the 58th Spring International Television Market – will take place online during the week of April 12-16, 2021 and will encompass the MIPDoc and MIPFormats programmes. Details of the all-new Digital MIPTV 2021, including enhanced, personalised one-to-one business meeting tools allowing the international entertainment content business community to connect, will be announced in the coming weeks.
The decision to hold MIPTV online is due to the ongoing uncertainty over Covid-19. However, if conditions improve sufficiently by early 2021, Reed MIDEM will look at holding a small, in-person screenings-based event in Cannes during the MIPTV week to complement the digital edition. CANNESERIES Season 4 will take place in the Palais des Festivals in Cannes from April 9-14, 2021.
MIPCOM – the 37th World’s Entertainment Content Market – along with Kids Programming Market MIPJunior (9-10 October 2021) – will move forward as a live gathering in Cannes on the scheduled dates of 11-14 October 2021, welcoming the global distribution and production community back to the Palais des Festivals venue for the first major international television event since MIPCOM 2019. A digital complement will run alongside the physical market.
Jerome Delhaye, Director of Reed MIDEM’s Entertainment Division comments: “We have learned a great deal in this extraordinary year. Two points stand out very clearly across all of Reed MIDEM’s events: the need for clear and, when possible, timely decision making, so our partners around the globe can plan for the year ahead; and the need to get back to doing business face-to-face. That is why we are confirming plans now for the two biggest annual events in the television calendar. We remain especially optimistic about the 2nd half of 2021 and as such we are focussing all our energies on bringing everyone back to Cannes in October for the business reunion that the industry is so eagerly awaiting.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020