KT Corporation leaps ahead with Asia Pacific’s first virtualised headend
Synamedia, the world’s largest independent video software provider, announced that KT Corporation, South Korea’s largest telecommunications service provider, will implement the first virtualised headend in the Asia Pacific for its Olleh TV IPTV service.
This is the first win for Synamedia with KT’s IPTV business. Following a competitive tender, KT selected Synamedia’s Converged Headend to deliver a virtualized full-stack solution for the delivery of end-to-end IPTV workflows. Synamedia’s expertise in applying containerization and orchestration techniques and technologies to video workflows will transform KT’s IPTV business, making it possible to deploy and launch new formats, channels, and services cost-effectively in minutes rather than weeks. Synamedia’s impressive video network roadmap was also a factor in the decision.
Deployed on-premise in KT’s data center, Synamedia’s cloud-agnostic Converged Headend includes virtualized Digital Content Manager (vDCM) and Video Service Manager. The fully automated solution, which can also be deployed in the cloud or in a hybrid environment, features the industry’s broadest functionality in a single solution. It includes acquisition and multiplexing, encoding, transcoding, ad insertion, packaging, content protection, origin services, and reliable IP transport.
“KT has a reputation for innovation and market leadership and our Converged Headend provides the video infrastructure springboard it needs to stay ahead both now and in the longer term. With our fully virtualized IPTV infrastructure, KT can adapt and innovate at pace, and retain and grow its IPTV subscriber base with highly engaging services,” said Sue Couto, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Asia Pacific and Latin America at Synamedia.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020