Distribution360 secures raft of new kids’ deals in Italy, the US, and Thailand
Distribution360 revealed that it has secured new deals for a number of its leading kids’ titles, placing more than 600 episodes in Italy, Thailand, and the US.
In Italy, public broadcaster RAI has acquired two series that were specifically created to make learning as entertaining as possible. MathXplosion (50 x 3) sees ‘mathemagician’ Eric Leclerc help kids aged six to 11 foster a love of numbers in a fun, funny, and approachable way, while in ScienceXplosion (45 x 3.5) he delights in sharing the amazing ways that science can be found all around us. Both series are produced by GAPC Entertainment.
In the US, the recently launched Kartoon Channel has acquired the iconic animated series about galactic guardian Atomic Betty (78 x 30). The channel has also acquired 100 episodes of pre-school music title Super Simple Songs along with Carl’s Car Wash (13 x 6), The Bumble Nums (12 x 5), and Mr. Monkey, Monkey Mechanic (12 x 5), all of which are produced by Skyship Entertainment.
US-based educational SVOD Epic! has licensed Super Simple Songs and renewed its existing license for MathXplosion (50 x 3). Also, in the US, streamer Pure Flix has acquired the first season of Treasure Champs (15 x 15) which helps children explore and understand desirable attributes or ‘treasures’ such as kindness and wisdom.
Skyship content has been in demand in other territories too: Cineplex in Thailand has acquired a major package for its True Visions branded channels and platforms comprising more than 300 episodes across a range of pre-school titles. Series in the deal include Super Simple Songs (150 x 1-4), Super Simple ABC Phonics Fun (36 x 2), Turn and Learn ABCs (26 x 4), Pratfall ABCs (26 x 0.5), The Bumble Nums (46 x 5), Treetop Family (12 x 7), Finley’s Factory (15 x 3), Paper Puppet Playhouse (13 x 2-11) and Carl’s Car Wash (25 x 6).
Diane Rankin, Distribution360’s SVP rights, comments: “We have some exceptional ‘edutainment’ content in our kids’ catalogue, so are always delighted when titles from the ‘Xplosion’ and ‘Super Simple’ franchises find new homes with such great partners. With so many parents and caregivers continuing to help with at-home learning activities, the D360 team has been able to support buyers’ programming strategies to acquire entertaining content that really does make learning fun for their audiences.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020