Danny Koik named executive director of partnerships and business development in Disney+ Southeast Asia
The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia announced on 23 November the appointment of Danny Koik to Executive Director of Partnerships and Business Development of Disney+. In this new role based in Singapore, Mr. Koik will drive all aspects of partnerships and business development for Disney+ in Southeast Asia, with a focus on making Disney+ available across multiple platforms and devices. He will report to Amit Malhotra, Regional Lead, Emerging Markets, The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific.
Mr. Malhotra said, “With his proven track record in forging strategic partnerships, Danny joins us at a pivotal time as Disney+ scales in Southeast Asia. He has spearheaded impactful and innovative outcomes that have been both consumer and partner-focused, and his deep understanding of the tech and digital ecosystem will be key in bringing the best experience to our subscribers and partners in the region.”
Mr. Koik will be responsible for developing and leading the execution of the Distribution and Business Development strategy across Southeast Asia, with a focus on making Disney+ available across multiple platforms and devices, and creating easy access for subscribers. He will collaborate with relevant players, including and not limited to telecommunications, PayTV operators, Mobile OEMs, financial technologies, and digital platforms, to drive growth in the region.
He joins Disney from Grab where he was the Regional Director of Partnerships, overseeing Tech, Media & Telco, FMCG, and Mobility Services. He was also the Country Head of Business Development in Myanmar. Prior to that, he was in International Enterprise (IE) Singapore, where he served as Technology, Media and Telecommunications Divisional Director, spearheading the internationalization of Singapore companies. He has also held roles in the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), leading key initiatives in evangelizing the mobile ecosystem across Singapore, and in Mediacorp, where he transformed the business from analogue to digital and implemented multiple IT and broadcast engineering systems.
Mr. Koik has a Bachelor of Information Technology from The University of Queensland.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 390 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 53 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020