BBC Earth and BBC Lifestyle channels launch on 3BB GIGATV in Thailand
BBC Studios announced that it has launched two of its premium channels on Thailand’s new on-demand IPTV entertainment platform, 3BB GIGATV. BBC Earth and BBC Lifestyle are available for the first time on 3BB, one of the largest fixed broadband service providers in Thailand.
The agreement allows 3BB’s 3.3 million subscribers access to BBC Studios’ channels and their content – via 3BB GIGATV service – through a range of broadband packages.
BBC Earth is BBC Studios’ global factual brand that seeks to inspire audiences by sharing the incredible wonders of our universe. BBC Earth showcases the work of the world’s foremost factual film-makers across natural history and science. It hosts the latest landmark natural history series from BBC Studios, such as Primates, Dynasties, Seven Worlds, One Planet, and the upcoming premiere of landmark title A Perfect Planet, from Silverback Films. In Asia, the BBC Earth channel is available in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. It is available as a block in Japan on WOWOW and as a joint-venture channel Sony BBC Earth in India.
BBC Lifestyle is a unique entertainment destination that provides audiences with inspirational and entertaining programming for their homes, families, and lives. Brimming with vibrant, fresh, and exciting programmes that set trends, the BBC Lifestyle schedule consists of entertaining food, home, and design, cooking, and celebrity programming. Bringing the best from the BBC and other British producers, the channel is home to Gordon Ramsay’s latest series Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back, as well as Grand Designs, Masterchef, The Great British Bake Off, and The Graham Norton Show. Internationally the BBC Lifestyle channel is available in countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Myanmar, Indonesia, South Korea, and South Africa.
BBC Studios’ Vice President of Distribution – Southeast Asia, Cheryl Png, said on the launch: “This exciting new partnership with 3BB allows us to leverage its extensive network and established know-how in Thailand’s dynamic television landscape while offering 3BB’s discerning viewers the highest quality entertainment. For the last 60 years, the BBC has established itself as a leader in natural history, factual, and educational storytelling and through BBC Earth will bring Thai viewers on a quest for discovery. BBC Lifestyle also promises to be a beloved one-stop television destination for travel, food, design, and escape for fans across Thailand.”
Sakol Chanmuang, General Manager of 3BB GIGATV, said, “BBC Studios is a global content producer recognised for producing premium quality content for audiences. We are pleased to be a partner and have brought two popular channels, BBC Earth and BBC Lifestyle, onto the 3BB GIGATV service, giving Thai viewers a new opportunity to watch quality British programs.”
The deal marks an important step in re-affirming BBC Studio’s commitment and presence in Asia, where it continues to provide bold, British creative content to a broad base of audiences across the continent.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021