Spectrum Originals picks up gripping drama series ‘Eden’
Spectrum Originals picks up EDEN a gripping drama series about an idyll waterside town that holds some very dark secrets. The eight-episode drama will debut on Spectrum On Demand in 2021.
EDEN is a contemporary thriller that follows the disappearance of a girl in Byron Bay, an Australian town that seems to be a paradise. Each episode is told from a different character’s perspective, and the mystery unfolds through multiple lenses as the secrets that bind this supposed nirvana are exposed.
The cast includes Sophie Wilde (Bird), Samuel Johnson OAM (The Secret Life of Us, Molly), Bebe Bettencourt (The Dry), Christopher James Baker (True Detective, Ozark, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Cody Fern (American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, House of Cards), Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Love, Simon), Claude Jabbour (Stateless, On the Ropes) and Cassandra Sorrell (Plastic).
EDEN is a Stan Original Series produced by Every Cloud Productions and Balloon Entertainment in association with all3media International. Major production investment from Screen Australia in association with Screen NSW. all3media International is also the global partner on the series and partnered with Spectrum for the US rights.
EDEN is from the creators of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and the reboot of Seachange, Every Cloud Productions’ Fiona Eagger and Deb Cox, and the creator of the U.K. cult hit Skins, Bryan Elsley, acclaimed filmmaker John Curran (Stan Original Series Bloom, Tracks, Chappaquiddick) is set-up director on the series, with AACTA Award-winner Mirrah Foulkes (Judy & Punch) and multi-AACTA Award-winner Peter Andrikidis (Harrow, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries). EDEN was created by Australia’s own award-winning emerging writer-director Vanessa Gazy (Highway), who is the head writer and executive producer. The eight-part, one-hour drama has been developed in collaboration with Bryan Elsley and is based on an original concept by Deb Cox. Elsley, who founded the U.K.’s Balloon Entertainment with comedian Harry Enfield, previously worked with Every Cloud on the web series deadlock. Fiona McConaghy (Stan Original Series The Gloaming) produces the series.
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 176 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- Media Prima Berhad experiences rapid digital audience growth using Grabyo 100 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner 72 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- TechStorm to launch inaugural Asian original content time belt in June 41 views | posted on May 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020