Spectrum Originals picks up gripping drama series ‘Eden’
Spectrum Originals picks up EDEN a gripping drama series about an idyll waterside town that holds some very dark secrets. The eight-episode drama will debut on Spectrum On Demand in 2021.
EDEN is a contemporary thriller that follows the disappearance of a girl in Byron Bay, an Australian town that seems to be a paradise. Each episode is told from a different character’s perspective, and the mystery unfolds through multiple lenses as the secrets that bind this supposed nirvana are exposed.
The cast includes Sophie Wilde (Bird), Samuel Johnson OAM (The Secret Life of Us, Molly), Bebe Bettencourt (The Dry), Christopher James Baker (True Detective, Ozark, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Cody Fern (American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, House of Cards), Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Love, Simon), Claude Jabbour (Stateless, On the Ropes) and Cassandra Sorrell (Plastic).
EDEN is a Stan Original Series produced by Every Cloud Productions and Balloon Entertainment in association with all3media International. Major production investment from Screen Australia in association with Screen NSW. all3media International is also the global partner on the series and partnered with Spectrum for the US rights.
EDEN is from the creators of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and the reboot of Seachange, Every Cloud Productions’ Fiona Eagger and Deb Cox, and the creator of the U.K. cult hit Skins, Bryan Elsley, acclaimed filmmaker John Curran (Stan Original Series Bloom, Tracks, Chappaquiddick) is set-up director on the series, with AACTA Award-winner Mirrah Foulkes (Judy & Punch) and multi-AACTA Award-winner Peter Andrikidis (Harrow, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries). EDEN was created by Australia’s own award-winning emerging writer-director Vanessa Gazy (Highway), who is the head writer and executive producer. The eight-part, one-hour drama has been developed in collaboration with Bryan Elsley and is based on an original concept by Deb Cox. Elsley, who founded the U.K.’s Balloon Entertainment with comedian Harry Enfield, previously worked with Every Cloud on the web series deadlock. Fiona McConaghy (Stan Original Series The Gloaming) produces the series.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 28 views | posted on March 2, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020