Spectrum Originals picks up gripping drama series ‘Eden’
Spectrum Originals picks up EDEN a gripping drama series about an idyll waterside town that holds some very dark secrets. The eight-episode drama will debut on Spectrum On Demand in 2021.
EDEN is a contemporary thriller that follows the disappearance of a girl in Byron Bay, an Australian town that seems to be a paradise. Each episode is told from a different character’s perspective, and the mystery unfolds through multiple lenses as the secrets that bind this supposed nirvana are exposed.
The cast includes Sophie Wilde (Bird), Samuel Johnson OAM (The Secret Life of Us, Molly), Bebe Bettencourt (The Dry), Christopher James Baker (True Detective, Ozark, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Cody Fern (American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, House of Cards), Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Love, Simon), Claude Jabbour (Stateless, On the Ropes) and Cassandra Sorrell (Plastic).
EDEN is a Stan Original Series produced by Every Cloud Productions and Balloon Entertainment in association with all3media International. Major production investment from Screen Australia in association with Screen NSW. all3media International is also the global partner on the series and partnered with Spectrum for the US rights.
EDEN is from the creators of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and the reboot of Seachange, Every Cloud Productions’ Fiona Eagger and Deb Cox, and the creator of the U.K. cult hit Skins, Bryan Elsley, acclaimed filmmaker John Curran (Stan Original Series Bloom, Tracks, Chappaquiddick) is set-up director on the series, with AACTA Award-winner Mirrah Foulkes (Judy & Punch) and multi-AACTA Award-winner Peter Andrikidis (Harrow, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries). EDEN was created by Australia’s own award-winning emerging writer-director Vanessa Gazy (Highway), who is the head writer and executive producer. The eight-part, one-hour drama has been developed in collaboration with Bryan Elsley and is based on an original concept by Deb Cox. Elsley, who founded the U.K.’s Balloon Entertainment with comedian Harry Enfield, previously worked with Every Cloud on the web series deadlock. Fiona McConaghy (Stan Original Series The Gloaming) produces the series.
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 45 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 45 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 44 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 42 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020