Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’
Silvergate Media (Silvergate) is gearing up for the launch of new episodes of Hilda, as the highly anticipated second season is poised to debut globally on Netflix from 14th December. Alongside the launch of season two, Silvergate is announcing exclusive retail partnerships with Hot Topic and Forbidden Planet in addition to new toys that will bring the brand to life with a range of new merchandise for Hilda’s growing fanbase.
Co-produced by Silvergate Media and Mercury Films, the 13 x 22-minute episodes in season two of Hilda bring fresh adventures for the fearless blue-haired heroine as she delves deeper into the vast magical wilderness of Trolberg. Through her entertaining and inspiring adventures, Hilda learns that not everyone shares her open-minded view of the ‘hidden world’, while her Mum worries that her growing rebelliousness will lead to more trouble than Hilda can handle.
Based on Luke Pearson’s acclaimed graphic novels, the new series follows on the heels of the multi-award-winning first season, which debuted on Netflix in September 2018 and went on to scoop multiple awards including a BAFTA, Kidscreen, International Emmy award, and three Annie awards. Filled with bold adventures, stunning animation, quirky characters, and the aspirational spirit that made the first series such an international hit, the second season is sure to delight fans of both the original comic and its animated series counterpart.
“The first season of Hilda set the bar high in terms of what a children’s animated series could achieve and it was so rewarding for our creative team that it received the widespread recognition that it did,” said Waheed Alli, CEO at Silvergate Media. “It’s now a genuine pleasure to bring audiences new adventures in season two that will expand the universe of Trolberg in unexpected ways.”
The new series will be anchored at retail by new licensing partnerships that tap into the brand’s growing fanbase with both niche and mainstream expressions. US-based pop culture retailer, Hot Topic, is launching an exclusive line of Hilda inspired T shirts for the North American market. While here in the UK, science fiction and fantasy retail specialist, Forbidden Planet, has an exclusive DTR with Silvergate that will see the retailer launch its own line of apparel in 2020 before expanding into homewares and gifting from 2021.
“We’re really excited to be developing our own range of Hilda merchandise”, said Anthony Garnon at Forbidden Planet. “The show’s fantastical storylines and imaginative visuals speak directly to our consumer base and give us plenty of inspiration for products that will stand out on shelf and become must-have items for Hilda fans.”
The growth of the apparel category will be boosted by additional product lines launching to co-incide with season 2. This includes global toy partner, GUND, which is adding further plush accessory lines targeting girls and teen fans to the main lines which launched earlier this year, and lead publisher Flying Eye Books have released three new novelisations tying in with season 2. Additionally, Spin Master is readying the first-ever Hilda board game, scheduled to hit retail from next summer.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 390 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 54 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020