Nippon TV’s hit drama series ‘I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper.’ to air in Turkey
Marking their seventh deal together, Nippon TV, Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced today that Medyapim and MF Yapim, two of the leading production companies in Turkey, have acquired the scripted format rights to the award-winning, mega-hit drama series I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper. (60 min. eps.) and will be remaking the series in Turkish. The announcement was made jointly by Ms. Mikiko Nishiyama, Managing Director of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Mr. Faruk Bayhan, CEO of MF Yapim.
Having been previously adapted in South Korea, I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper. follows the exploits of a super housekeeper who perfectly completes everything she is asked to do. But be cautious when telling her to do something as she does anything asked of her. However, she never smiles or tries to gain someone’s favour. She is always emotionless, and her mind is unreadable. There seems to be a dark past to this housekeeper.
“We are extremely honoured to have one of our best drama series, I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper., being created by Medyapim and MF Yapim. Our addictive drama garnered a series average rating of 25.2%, the highest of any Japanese television dramas at that time. In addition, the series’ last episode achieved an overwhelming 40% viewer ratings on Nippon TV, indicating how much people anticipated to see how the drama ends and find out the truth about the housekeeper’s actions. The programming department even implemented a ‘finale of Mita week’ campaign creating a social phenomenon all over Japan which lead to a huge result, one that has not yet been broken by other Nippon TV drama series. I am sure that the Turkish version will have viewers coming back more and more each week as well, wanting to find out the astounding truth behind the housekeeper’s secret,” commented Ms. Nishiyama.
“Prior to I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper., we had signed six deals with Nippon TV, four of which have already been realised in terms of production and have been very successful both in Turkey and worldwide. Our biggest hope is to continue this fruitful cooperation and the realisation of such successful works together with Nippon TV. I am certain that this latest format I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper. will be just as successful as the prior ones,” added Mr. Bayhan.
Nippon TV, Medyapim and MF Yapim have announced six deals to date: Mother, Woman -My Life for My Children-, Mr. Hiiragi’s Homeroom (The Teacher), and Abandoned, with, My Son and OASIS -a love story- set to be produced shortly.
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 102 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 101 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 100 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020