Applause Entertainment’s ‘Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story’ among the top five OTT shows with 6.6 million hits
Amidst the creative revolution, India’s leading content studio, Applause Entertainment, spearheaded by the media veteran Sameer Nair, has blazed a trail setting new creative benchmarks and achieved unprecedented acclaim in a short span of time. One of the platform’s latest offerings, Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story has become the talk of the town. Set in early 90s Bombay, the show captures the meteoric rise and the steep fall of Harshad Mehta – the flamboyant Big Bull of the stock market, and the investigation and repercussions of the scam that shook the nation.
Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story is currently the highest-rated show on IMDB in India (9.6) and #16 amongst the top 50 television shows globally. With phenomenal ratings and record-breaking performance, the show has made it to the list of the top five OTT shows for the last week of October, according to a streaming tracker by Ormax Media. Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story is the second on the list with 6.6 million views.
The show has received a remarkable response from audiences for its gripping performances from Pratik Gandhi and Shreya Dhanwanthary, stellar direction by Hansal Mehta and an exceptional script from Sumit Purohit, Saurav Dey, Vaibhav Vishal, and Karan Vyas and even the big names from the industry can’t stop talking about it.
Punit Goenka, CEO, Zee Entertainment Enterprises has also personally congratulated Mr. Sameer Nair, for putting forth a ‘stupendous and riveting show’, ideal for OTT content.
Sameer Nair, CEO, Applause Entertainment said, “We are truly humbled by the phenomenal response from audiences for all our content. From Criminal Justice to Scam1992 it’s been a delightful journey creating our shows, collaborating with best in class talent, creators and business partners! We are here to dazzle, delight, disturb and disrupt, and this is just the beginning.”
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 123 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 93 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- C-Suite spotlight: Alon Shtruzman of Keshet International 66 views | posted on May 8, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020