Woodcut Media expands into distribution with the launch of Woodcut International
Woodcut Media (a member of the Anthology Group of businesses), one of the fastest-growing Indie’s in the UK, announced the official launch of a new international sales business, Woodcut International, marking a significant move in the company’s continued expansion.
Established as a natural extension and complement to Woodcut’s production activities, Woodcut International’s focus will be on the global sales of a programme catalogue that currently consists of approximately 100 hours from the producer’s slate with select new series such as Sky Crime UK’s The Beverley Allitt Tapes and library titles that include The Ivy, Defenders of the Sky, Football: A Brief History by Alfie Allen, and Murders That Shocked the Nation.
Woodcut Media will continue to work with existing and new third-party distributors on other in-house productions.
The newly created Woodcut International operation also benefits from a substantial investment fund that has been created in order to co-finance new projects over the coming years.
Kate Beal, Co-Founder & CEO, Woodcut Media said, “We have been focused on cementing our international relationships with commissioners and buyers and securing pre-sales on productions for a while now, so this next phase is a logical progression. The creation of Woodcut International allows us to be even more commercially, as well as editorially, collaborative with our broadcast partners.”
The launch of Woodcut International has been spearheaded by Woodcut Media’s Director of Business Development, Koulla Anastasi, supported by Anthology Group’s COO, Polly Benton. Koulla will oversee a team of experienced international sales agents around the world.
Hilary Strong, Chairman of Woodcut Media and CEO of the Anthology Group added: “Woodcut Media has always been a very nimble business, pivoting to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the international market. Its diverse, out of London team, is particularly strong commercially and the Anthology Group has been delighted to be able to help support this new venture, which will enable Woodcut to partner commercially with its commissioners and fast track its large programme slate.”
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 104 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 103 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 103 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020